The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
When an emergency occurs, it is important for families to stay safe and connected. The Red Cross Emergency App proudly sponsored by ServiceMaster does just that! It covers 14 different types of disasters and lets users customize more than 35 emergency alerts so that they will know what to do no matter where they live or travel.
“Family Safe” is a new, unique feature that allows the app user to notify loved ones who are in an area affected by an emergency or disaster. The recipient can instantly see the alert details as well as specific “what to do now” steps, and then respond with either “I’m safe” or “I’m not safe.” This feature works even if the recipient has not downloaded the Emergency App.
The Emergency App has many features, including:
• Emergency first aid information for situations such as heart attacks, heat-related emergencies as well as water safety information;
• Preloaded content so users can access guidance from Red Cross experts even without mobile connectivity;
• A single map with open Red Cross shelter locations and weather information;
• A home fire section with detailed prevention and safety tips as well as Red Cross “After the Fire” information;
• A “Make a Plan” feature to help families plan what to do and where to go if a disaster strikes; and
• The ability to easily toggle between English and Spanish.
Stay alert and help prepare your family for emergencies today by downloading the Red Cross Emergency App.